Here are four more porches suited to sitting and watching the world go by.
Pollock-Capps house (1899) on Penn Street. Joseph Pollock was a homeopathic physician. William Capps was a lawyer.
Next door is the Ball-Eddleman-McFarland house (1899). The house was built for Sarah Ball, a patient of Dr. Pollock and the widow of Galveston banker George Ball. William Eddleman was an early Fort Worth banker. His daughter was Carrie McFarland.
S. S. Dillow house (1912) on Rosedale Street across from TWU. Samuel Selkirk Dillow built the first grocery store in the town of Polytechnic. He was president of the First State Bank of Polytechnic and a trustee of the Polytechnic school board. The elementary school is named for him.
Talbott-Wall house (1903) on Samuels Avenue. What looks like a dormer window is really one of two small second-story porches on this house built in Dutch colonial revival style. Richard Talbott was a physician. His daughter was Frances Talbott Wall.