First impressions are always important, and in the previous two centuries architects gave great attention to detail when designing the entrances of many of Fort Worth’s public school buildings. Here are school entrances on all four sides of town:
Denver Avenue Elementary School (1910).
Lily B. Clayton Elementary School (1922, Clarkson).
Sam Rosen Elementary School (1927, Clarkson).
De Zavala Elementary School (1914).
Rosemont Middle School (1935, Withers).
North Side High School (1937, Clarkson).
Bas-relief above the rear door of North Hi Mount Elementary School (1935, Hedrick).