As autumn yields to winter, here is a palette of colors—some natural, some not—seen around town:
Maxwell-Liston house (1904) on May Street.
The Supreme Court of the Trinity River is now in session.
Pier 1 Building.
Airfield Falls on Farmers Branch creek.
Phyllis J. Tilley Memorial Bridge in Trinity Park.
Lipscomb Avenue in Fairmount.
House (1918) on Hurley Avenue in Fairmount.
Fort Worth Central Station (formerly Intermodal Transportation Center) and Bank of America tower.
Panther Island Pavilion at the confluence of the Clear and West forks.
Red River, Texas & Southern railroad bridge (1902) on the West Fork of the Trinity River.
North Side branch library.
Paddock Viaduct (1914).
Farmers market on the Clear Fork of the Trinity River. St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church (1915) on Missouri Avenue.
Red Goose Shoes sign of J. E. Solomon’s Juvenile Shoe Store on Houston Street. The building dates to 1903.
Greater St. James Baptist Church (1918) on Harding Street.
Sunset in the ’hood.
House (1940) on 5th Avenue in Fairmount.
Tree north of downtown.
Porch on Hurley Avenue in Fairmount.
Tree with matching “dip” sign on West Cantey Street.
Bois d’arc (French for “bow wood”) tree and fruit (also called “horse apple,” “hedge apple,” “Osage orange” etc.) on the Trinity River.
Tree at the Fort Worth Police and Firefighters Memorial in Trinity Park.
Don’t wait too long to see our autumn colors. The show doesn’t last long.
For example, here is the Police and Firefighters Memorial tree one week later.
We’ve all had weeks like that.