The ancient Sumerians were the first to use arches in construction. Here are some arches seen closer to home:
Greenwood Cemetery (1909) on White Settlement Road. This mausoleum was designed in 1961 by Harwell Hamilton Harris.
St. Mary of the Assumption Catholic Church (Sanguinet and Staats, 1924) on Magnolia Avenue.
House (1922) on Ellis Avenue.
St. Stephen Presbyterian Church (1950) on McPherson Avenue.
Exchange Avenue bridge (1910) over Marine Creek.