Before there was Central Market, there was the corner market.
(Center) John Beckelman ran his grocery store on Little Street from 1932 to 1953. He lived next door.
(Bottom) W. R. Hester ran a grocery store across Alston Avenue from Daggett Elementary School in a building dating to 1922.
There were no shopping carts, no credit card terminals, no “10 items or less” lines.