Wiley G. Clarkson (Part 3): Four Churches and a Temple

For these five buildings Wiley G. Clarkson (see Part 1) designed in gothic revival, Spanish, and art deco styles:

Gambrell Street Baptist Church (1949).

Trinity Episcopal Church (1925). Minus its original window pane. Now part of the Boys and Girls Clubs.

Meadowbrook United Methodist Church (1949).

University Christian Church (1933).

Masonic Temple (1931). Art deco meets classical Greek. Just as First United Methodist Church (Part 1) was the church that Clarkson designed and attended, the fortress-like Masonic Temple was his lodge hall.
Wiley G. Clarkson (Part 2): Mister Elizabeth Boulevard
Wiley G. Clarkson (Part 4): The “Class” in “Classic”

Share:Email this to someoneShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on Tumblr
This entry was posted in Architects, Architecture, Bricks and Martyr, Downtown, Downtown, All Around, East Side, Heads Above the Crowd, Life in the Past Lane, South Side. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *