These neon signs, alas, won’t light up the night again without major repairs:
The ex-Rox Ex: The longtime East Side extermination company on Vaughn Boulevard is no more.
“The End”: The Meadowbrook Drive-In Theater on Riverside Drive long ago ran its last end credits.
Cold cuts: Ashburn’s ice cream shop on East Rosedale Street is now a Subway sandwich shop.
Say it with stamps: Former florist shop (1925) that gave S&H Green Stamps on Magnolia Avenue.
“Your credit jeweler”: The former Joe Daiches store on Houston Street downtown.
The 1910 building was built by undertaker George Gause. Note the “G” in the cast-stone panel on the parapet.
This sign originally advertised the Clover Driftwood drive-in restaurant on East Lancaster, owned by Herman and Odell Allen, who owned the chain of Clover drive-in restaurants.
A no-show: The Poly Theater on Vaughn Boulevard has been derelict for years.
Advertisin’, old school: Club Frennadna’s operated in the old R. Vickery Elementary School (1910).
Blast from the past: The Rocket night club on Jacksboro Highway is now a muffler shop.
Tomorrow: Cowtown Neon (Part 2): Red Goose, White Elephant